Saturday, January 2, 2010

Round Robin - Roots

Oops! Technical problems (me being the technician, of course). Taking the theme literally, here are a few "roots" I've encountered. These first two were taken a couple of months ago at Caddo Lake when the park was flooded.
And these were taken on a hike that Callie and I took in Vermont a couple of summers ago.
***And last, but certainly not least, I just found the photo that I'd been looking for: These roots at Balboa Park in San Diego. My girls and I visited there in 2003 with my dad and were amazed by the forest of these giant trees.
Be sure to check out the great photos by the other Round Robins (click here).
Be First to Post Comment !
Carly said...

Hi Linda

Umm hon, I don't see a photo. Technical problems?

-Carly

MyMaracas said...

Wow, that top one is remarkable. I've never seen a root structure like that. Nice shots!

Carly said...

Hi Linda

Fantastic photos! This has turned out to be a really fun topic, and these photos are just awesome! Thanks so much for joining us.

-Carly

Suzanne R said...

The roots in your pictures are quite stunning. Nice shots of them all!

Sherrie said...

Great shots of tree roots! I really like that last one. That's a BIG tree root! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great weekend!

Sherrie

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Wow~ I love the veri8ety here. Great shots, all, but that last one is just stunning!

Jama said...

That must be one big tree!

barrettmanor said...

Woah. Those first and last shots are amazing!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature