Monday, April 27, 2009

Buttons and Birds

Have I ever mentioned how much I love buttons? Yes? Well, how about birds? Oh yes, I guess I have mentioned that a couple of times, too. This evening, I began putting some things in place in the new-to-me buffet that we moved to my house a week or so ago. In addition, I decided to freshen up my sofa table display for the Spring/Summer months.

After washing and dusting and storing away the tired old candles, I brought out a Mason's jar and tucked in a few hints of nature. I decided to add this vintage doily that belonged to my mother (made by one of my ancestors--wish I knew which one), the little vase that I purchased last year along with the dome that displays some tiny egg shells.This is what I came up with. That's the Tussie Mussie that Callie and Jordan gave me at their wedding and a tiny book that was a gift from my mother a while back.And since you asked to see more, I have to show you some of my favorite little buttons on the tray. Most of these were in my grandmother's sewing stash that I inherited. Most of her life, she removed the buttons from each outfit when she was finished with it so that they could be used again, so I have a great collection of pretty little things!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature