Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Love Birds!!

I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven. --Emily Dickinson

I know I've mentioned it before, but in case you didn't know, I love birds!! Any kind of bird really! Don't know if it is the birds themselves, their nests, their feathers or what, but I love birds!! The birds have been so busy outside lately---flying from tree to tree, probably picking out the very best place for their nests. Soon, I'll be hearing tiny chirping coming from the big oak tree by my driveway and then will find tiny bits of blue eggshells on the ground.

Yesterday, while taking Emmi for a walk, I noticed a young robin in the yard of a neighbor. He sat so very still, despite the squirrels that were running around him, that I was not at all sure that he was okay. His new brown feathers and little red breast were a bit rumpled and I worried about him the rest of my walk. In fact, so much so, that as I neared the end of the walk, I decided to re-trace my steps and go back and check on him. I've been known to adopt a few baby birds over the years (some with better results than others), so I just couldn't bear to leave him there if he was hurt. As Emmi and I approached the house, I was relieved to see him still in the yard, but not hopping around. I guess he'd just been enjoying this beautiful spring weather, too.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature