Monday, March 24, 2008

Makes Me Think!

"Those who know how to think need no teachers." ---Mahatma Gandhi

Hmmmm. Recent conversations with a couple of different people have made me long for dialogue with people that challenges me and actually makes me think. I have so many great friends with so many different backgrounds, but I realize that our conversations often consist only of day-to-day activities and things that are going on in our lives. Seldom do I get to have conversations with people that offer me a chance to think about deep held beliefs or new ways of thinking.

I enjoy my friends and love to be with them, but after these recent conversations, I realize how much I miss having someone to talk to about such things. I used to be able to have these types of talks with Jim---sharing thoughts and beliefs and exploring new ways of thinking and applying information. And, I'm able to have these kinds of conversations with Jana and Callie. But, for the most part, these areas are lacking in my day-to-day life. Not that I want everything to be "heavy" or "deep", but occasionally having someone to explore deeper topics with is really quite rewarding.

I know it's not New Year's or anything, but I resolve to make a more concentrated effort to read new material and find people to discuss it with.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature