Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Real Me

Okay, so I'm going to post some really unflattering pictures of one of the rooms in my house---the junk room. This is where I keep my sewing supplies, books for school, my bills, my computer and all the things in my life that I have absolutely no idea what to do with. In addition, I have my mother-in-law's computer that I've been trying to get working again (to no avail, I might add) It's always a mess. Even when I clean it up, it is so filled with stuff that it messy and an embarrassment for me.Pretty bad, huh?! But, there you have seen the "real me"--cluttered and always a project in the works.

With my new challenge of making a bedroom/space for my brother when he comes to visit from his group home, this weekend Jana and I have been tackling that space. While I was at work Thursday, she pulled almost everything out of the "office" and into the living room so that we could have a cleaner slate to work with. After vacuuming and re-arranging the furniture, it seemed like there might actually have some potential hiding under all the clutter.There are some things that I can't change right now---I need most of the books that are on the bookshelves, the carpet has to stay and I can't change that awful wallpaper right now. But with the room cleaned out, even IT didn't look quite so bad. After purchasing some storage boxes, taking a load to the Goodwill thrift store and recycling heaps of paper, I'm on the way to converting this junk room into a functional office/guest room.

Stay tuned for more updates as the re-design is completed.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature