Monday, April 23, 2012

Flying Lessons

I was a little bit late for work this morning.  Just a few minutes, but still a bit late.  Here's the reason:



As I began to load my folders, purse, etc. into the car, I noticed a blue jay flying frantically back and forth from my house to the big oak tree over the driveway.  Fortunately, I took a second to see why.  THis little baby was in the driveway, experiencing a flying lesson.  Actually, it was more of a hopping lesson, because he never seemed a bit interested in actually flying.  As he hopped into my flowerbed, overhead, his mama (or daddy, I'm not sure which) flew from branch to branch calling out the direction for him to go.



He began to follow the calls---straight across the sidewalk . . .







across the grass . . .





across the driveway  . . .



and into the yard next door.  Once he was safely across the driveway, I jumped in the car and headed to work.



However, when I got home from aerobics tonight, I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye.  Sure enough, he was back in the flowerbed again.   I sure am hoping the neighbor's cat stays inside tonight!

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature