Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up---GGM Style

This past weekend was a CRAZY one! I had Friday off for Fall break, but ended up spending almost the entire day at the church getting ready for the Greater Gift Market, our annual fair trade market. I took my new camera with me to document all the activities, but failed to bring along the memory card, so I ended up using my iPhone instead. So here is a round-up of the weekend---GGM style.

Some of the treasures from SERVV :

Artwork and scholarships from the Noel Community Art Program:

href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gRpzOzxzEfIADp2NX7kmHSOxZWlAIkEh4JiZP7kUr0Y?feat=embedwebsite">

Beautiful hand-woven purses from Mayan Hands:

and some beautiful pottery from master potter, Brenda Snider:

The sale went very well---great crowd and lots of fun. Balancing the books proved to be quite a bit more stressful, however. Here's what our table looked like after several hours of calculating:

The brightest spot of the weekend did not involve the church or the market for me. Callie was playing with the Longview Symphony and I was able to drive over to hear the concert. They played Beethoven's 5th and it was wonderful! A great way to relax and enjoy!

post signature

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature