Saturday, October 1, 2011

Feeling Fallish

With friends coming to visit this past weekend, I scurried around the house in my spare time the week prior trying to put things in some sort of order.  In recent months, I’ve worked on several crafty projects and found that putting things away has been a challenge with my wrist / hand limitations (well, more of a challenge than normally), so things have pretty much piled up in various rooms.   I was able to move the piles to more discreet locations in most cases, but it was also time for the summer decor to take a rest.

Using the things I had easy access to, I was able to pull together a bit for fresh fall decor for the house.   With a pumpkin pie scented candle burning in the kitchen, it really got me in the mood for the changing seasons.

CandlewithTapeStrips

I made this simple pom-pom swag last fall, but it made me smile as I pulled it out again this year. 

MantelWithTape

There’s a playful Jack-O-Lantern out on the front porch . . .

JOLanternTape

And a black crow perched on the coffee table.

CoffeeTableWithTape

There real acorns falling profusely out on the driveway, but I picked up these “faux acorns” a couple of years ago in Canton. 

TableDecorTape

TableDecorCloseTape

I can’t wait until the cooler temperatures are here to stay and leaves begin falling from the trees.  Fall is one of my favorite times of the year.

Linda

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

the cool weather is here. october came, and the temperature dropped twenty degrees. it feels wonderful to have the windows open. my favorite season of all!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature