Saturday, August 28, 2010

Round Robin--Express a Feeling!

Be sure to visit the other Round Robins to see what they've captured!!
For this challenge, I dug around in my archives. It seems that most of my photos depicting emotion were found in the albums for the mission trips I've been on. These first two were taken on a couple of trips to Juarez where I helped build houses for families. I have so many pictures of the children there, and they evoke all kinds of emotions as I look back through them.




I have been on several trips down to south Louisiana for hurricane recovery (I live in North Louisiana). These photos were taken about five weeks after Katrina hit, in the area surrounding Slidell, LA. This first one was with a couple of girls I taught in Sunday School---obviously missing another of their friends.

The next two are not great quality, but they certainly capture the emotion of devastation that surrounded the area for several years. Notice the washing machine dangling in the first picture.





Be First to Post Comment !
jabblog said...

Natural disasters occur so rapidly and it's hard to see where to start in the clearing up process.

Gattina said...

Very expressful pictures !

Friends of mine have been to Louisiana and were surprised that so few has been done in all this time.

Unknown said...

you have definitely caught the emotion in some of these shots. Shot 2 is a beautiful capture.

Carly said...

Hi Linda :)

Hon, you did an amazing job with this challenge! Oh my goodness, so many emotions all at once. All of them really well captured. The smiles to begin with, then sadness and finally the last one, well, emptiness comes to mind. WELL DONE! Impressive!

-Carly

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great shots of emotions. Love the second one of the little girl. Her face tells a story. I just watched a 4 hour special on HBO last night about the hurricane in Louisiana. Hard to believe they are still not back to "normal" after 5 years. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Jama said...

I love the second shot best, she look sad and lost.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Sorry to take so long to get over here. These are excellent! The house destroyed by Katrina is just... for once I have no words.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature