Monday, April 19, 2010

Take Time . . .

This afternoon, I came straight home after work for a change. I had tons of work to do and decided to re-schedule my home-bound teaching responsibility and do paperwork instead. As I worked away on the computer, Emmi began to bark incessantly at the back door (from the inside). Knowing that could only mean one thing, I reluctantly grabbed my camera and went outside. Sure enough, I caught a glimpse of Penny squeezing back under the fence through a newly dug hole. Of course, it didn't take long until she crawled back under


. . .and she and Emmi began to romp around the yard, yet again!


This is the way most of their fun usually ends---with Emmi like this . . .


. . . and Penny like this.


They were so funny and I was enjoying watching them race around the yard when I noticed these blooming in the small bed on the side of my yard. I planted these years ago, but this is the first time I've ever seen them bloom. And they were beautiful!!!


Turning to watch the dogs, I also noticed these tiny wild strawberries scattered through the grass.

Taking this short break from the computer and my work made me wonder if these blooms have been there each year. I know their bloom time is short and perhaps I just never took the time to notice them . . . I'm grateful that too frisky pups allowed me a break from my work and a chance to breathe deeply and enjoy the beauty outdoors.


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature