Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Colors of Spring

The drive down to Cheneyville is only about 150 miles, but I have to admit that driving back and forth several times in one weekend is not really my favorite thing to do. I get bored easily, and I-49 is not a particularly exciting drive. However, this weekend, I really enjoyed seeing all the colors of Spring as I made my journey.

. . . in the green of the trees---I just love all the different shades I saw as I drove.


. . . the brown of a freshly plowed field (and the lone white bird standing in the dirt)


. . . the pink of clover


. . . the purple of wisteria hanging in trees and perched along a stream,


. . . the yellow weeds in a field,


. . . and in the white of clover and dandelions in yards in my neighborhood.



It really is true----Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. --A. A. Milne

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature