Sunday, November 9, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Last weekend, I had a great time visiting Jana and Rob in Atlanta, GA. As luck would have it, they closed on their new house the day before I arrived, so I was one of the first people to get to see it! Jana attended a teaching job fair Saturday morning and then I rode up to Buford with Don and Sally to get the grand tour. I don't really know how large a place Buford is because we never went into "town", but Mill Creek subdivision is far enough out of the bustle of the city that it felt like we were in the middle of the country. Upon entering the subdivision, the streets were lined with maple trees that were ablaze in red!! It was beautiful and something that I certainly never see in Louisiana!
It seems that they got an amazing deal on the place----the house is only a couple of years old with plenty of room for a young family. Their lot backs up to open farmland, which adds to the rural feel. After church on Sunday, Jana and I hit a few fabric stores and IKEA (by the way, the Joann's in Duluth is AMAZING!!) and came away with the makings of new curtains and pillows. The living room curtains were completed that night and hung the next morning. We also made a stop at Michael's where I purchased about $10 worth of autumn flowers and ribbon to re-furbish the "tired" wreath that had been hanging on the front door. This is the new and improved version:We moved the sewing machine up to the new house and spent all day Monday working on bedroom and kitchen window coverings. All that sewing got my creative juices flowing and made me wish I could stick around to help her finish things. I even packed as much of the fabric as possible in my suitcase, so maybe I'll get a few more projects finished for them before they come here for Thanksgiving!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature