Friday, November 28, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover

As part of my birthday present this year, Jana and Rob offered to help me paint my bedroom. Any of you that know me know that it has been on my "to do" list for a number of years. But, after tackling my small bathroom and discovering what an overwhelming job THAT was, I just never could seem to get started on my bedroom. I've re-done every other room in the house at least once, but because the bedroom was wallpapered, I knew that it was more than just a simple paint job.

This week, we began tackling the project!! And my hallway, too!! After a couple of shoulder injuries, painting ceilings is just not something I can do easily anymore, so they decided to help with that as well. Jordan and Callie came over to work, too, so the five of us were quite a team. While Callie, Jana and I painted woodwork and cut in corners, Rob and Jordan painted the ceiling (no easy task when painting white on white without the hallway light). My little niece, Laura, who is visiting from New York, helped by babysitting Emmi.
Next step was covering all the furniture in the bedroom and mudding the seams. Watching my height-challenged daughters try to get the drop cloths over the armoires was pretty humorous! But finally we were able to get that part of the job done, too. With only a break for pizza, we worked for about 8 hours on Wednesday!!!This morning, while Jana and Rob hit a few Black Friday sales, I sanded all the seams. Unfortunately, my small Shop Vac won't turn on, so I've got to borrow one from a neighbor before we can begin painting again. We still have one more day we can work (tomorrow), and then the rest will be up to me. Of course, since I can't even get to my bed or my clothes, there's a lot so incentive now to get it all finished!!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature