Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sunflowers + Some Freebies

Last weekend was the annual Sunflower Festival in nearby Gilliam, LA.  I have been able to go visit the sunflower fields each year for the past 7 or 8 years, but have never been in town on the day of the festival itself, so I was looking forward to it.  With temperatures soaring and a heat advisory in effect, we picked up Callie and the boys in the morning hoping to avoid the worst of it.  After parking, I suggested going ahead and taking a few photos while the boys were both fairly content.
Baby D LOVED running up and down the rows of sunflowers.

He was distracted by a few interesting rocks,
and airplanes overhead,
but otherwise he beamed as he made his way back and forth.

Baby D2 slept through most of the adventure.
After a few photos, we walked over to the festival.  There was coloring for the kids (and a nice big fan behind that booth, so we didn't mind waiting).
We were all so hot that we didn't take time to look around much, but there were craft booths and a few food booths, as well.  There was even a booth manned by local firefighters, which made for a happy toddler!
Our visit to the festival itself was fairly brief---I've heard the saying that "even my eyelids were sweating", but this was the first time I'd ever actually experienced it!  We stopped (with the car A/C running) along the Sunflower Trail for me to cut some to bring home with us and to take a few photos.
Here are some of my favorites from the morning.
But, my favorite photo is one I snapped with my iPhone of this sweet little sunflower!
I added some favorite quotes of mine to some of my photos.  If you would like to download them, simply click on the photo and save it to your own computer.  Enjoy!


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature