Monday, June 6, 2016

I'm Back!

My last post was on Feb. 3.  A lot has happened since then, but it would be impossible to catch up, so this seems like a good time to start again.  Fresh.   With a new chapter beginning in my life and a little more time available to me during the day, maybe this time, I can make the habit stick.  At least semi-regularly!

May 20 marked the end of my teaching career and the beginning of retirement.
Since I haven't worked the last couple of summers, so far, it still feels like a regular "summer vacation".  But, once August rolls around, and all my friends are heading back to school, I think it will begin to feel more real.  I don't have to go back to work!
Ron was on call that week, so together, we celebrated my new freedom a week later.
We welcomed a brand new Grandbaby to our family on the very same night of my last day of school!
Baby D was excited to see the baby and to check out his toes and fingers, but was not entirely sure why he needed to be in his mommy's arms all the time.  Jordan and Callie have been very intentional about planning things to do with the big brother and so far, there doesn't seem to be much jealousy--more intermittent curiosity and indifference.
Last weekend, we had a mini-newborn photo session.  I still have so much to learn and wish I could get my settings right more intuitively, but overall, I'm pretty happy with how the photos turned out.
I love that I was able to catch this one little sleepy smile.
Big Brother was so sweet with the new baby.  We asked him to give him a kiss and he did.
Which was great. Until the time he did it too quickly and they banged heads.
Which required a little bit of TLC for both boys.  The first of many bumps, I'm sure.
And, my favorite. . . .
Yes, that is a truck on babyD2's head.  Second baby, you know.

I am continuing to post regular Instagram challenges and it's not too late to jump in on the June list of prompts.  If you need to switch things around to fit your schedule or if you miss a couple of days, there is no problem-just pick back up when you are able.  Be sure to include the hashtag #MTJuneDaysInstagram2016.




Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature