Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Garden Fresh

Well, the growing season of my little garden seems to be winding down now.  I still have plenty of tomatoes, but everything else has just about played out--not that there was much variety to begin with. I did however, recently pick our one home-grown zucchini!
Using a recipe I'd seen while at the beauty salon getting my hair cut, I made baked zucchini chips.

I sliced the zucchini into thin slices using my new Ulu knife from Alaska (which worked quite nicely I might add).
I then tossed the slices in olive oil and coated them in a panko/parmesan/basil mixture.
I spread them out on a cookie sheet and popped them into the oven.
Meanwhile, I sliced some of our tomatoes and grilled some chicken, adding some barbecue sauce for a little extra flavor.  It's always a little tricky grilling the chicken with the sauce on them because I want them to be juicy, but cooked and not burned.
This time it all turned out great though.  Everything was quite yummy and I'll definitely be trying the zucchini chips again.

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

Yum! I love zucchini chips! Our favorite around here right now (and what's on the menu tonight) is sauteed zucchini marinaded in either Italian dressing or pesto. Yum!!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature