Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Little Painting

I've been thinking about a new blog header and also wanted to do something a little creative, so yesterday I pulled out my small set of watercolor paints and pencils and set to work.
I got so engrossed in my work that I almost completely forgot that I was supposed to be teaching an art class at noon.  I made it just in time, but as soon as we were finished, I cam home and did some more painting.  I've always said that "Someday I will take watercolor lessons" and Jana gave me this set as a Christmas present a couple of years ago.  I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, but it's fun.

Today, I attempted to set it as my blog header, but kept running into all kinds of problems----it seems that all would look good until I uploaded it to the blog.  Once there, all the colors changed drastically and the backgrounds were all gray.  Not. at. all. pretty!!    I found a suggestion that perhaps it was a setting in my Google+ account and sure enough, it fixed it!

While I was at it, I even practiced some fall and Christmas themed headers!
Never mind that there are loads of laundry and beds to be changed.  This is way more fun--kind of therapeutic, as well!

By the way, I made a trip to Target today.  I didn't really need anything, but hadn't been in a while and just wanted to browse.  Oh my---I want one of these!  (They made me thing of Valine's mama, too)  ;-)

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

Love it! So dainty! I'd love to know the workaround for Google+ because I noticed that my image was turning up with a gray background yesterday, too...

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature