Thursday, April 10, 2014

Mexican Pasta Salad


Mexico  --- pasta salad

Those two things don't sound like they go together at all, but needing a quick and easy Mexican recipe t for a covered dish dinner, I gave it a try.  I found the recipe online here.

It was so easy to put together---while the pasta boiled, I chopped the veggies.  There is something so therapeutic about pounding on that chopper!
I wasn't able to find the Ranch Fiesta Dip mix that they suggest, so I just sprinkled some taco seasoning from a packet that I had on hand. 
I mixed it all together and put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before the party.  
It was a pretty dish and was quite tasty.  Just before serving, you can also sprinkle cheese on top--I filled a bowl with grated cheese for people to top it with.   I think it will be good with chicken or shrimp added to the leftovers.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature