Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend in Texas - Part One

We spent Easter weekend in Texas with some of the grandkids.  We drove over late Thursday evening after work and stayed until Sunday afternoon.  Friday, after breakfast at our hotel, we went to their house, with Joy in tow (she still can't quite be trusted at home to go out when needed and not to accidentally hurt Emmi while playing, so she made the trip with us).  The kids were glad to see us and to see Joy, as well.
Ron and Chad left to get busy working on Chad's truck, while Carmelle, the kids and I stayed at the house.  Carmelle had a big paper due that night, so I had the fun of keeping the kids busy while she holed herself up to finish it.  We had such fun.  First we tried out some of the toys that we brought in Easter pails for them.   Adellelyn loved the stick-on "fox" fingernails
And we all had fun with Michael's drawing book--even Joy!   Both of the kids are such natural artists!

On our way to the house, we'd stopped at WalMart to pick up supplies for the truck and a few craft supplies---washcloths, wiggly eyes and rubber bands.  After watching a short Youtube video, we made a menagerie of bunnies, cats and penguins.
The dogs were getting restless (and so were the kids), so we went for a walk in their neighborhood.
They each took a dog.   Anytime I ask them to "look" for a picture, Adellelyn strikes a pose of some sort.
 You know it's spring in Texas when shorts appear with boots.
And if you've ever been with Michael and Adellelyn long, you know how much they love to be outdoors.
If there is a tree nearby, they're going to climb it.   Michael climbed up first.
With my help, Adellelyn scrambled up behind him.
Michael is always willing to pose for pictures---
Adellelyn's pictures usually look a bit more like this:
But, everyone once in a while, I get lucky and get some really great ones of her.
and of the two of them together.
When we got back home, Michael helped me make PB & Jelly sandwiches for lunch before we tackled painting plastic Easter eggs.  I wasn't so sure how that was going to work, but I shouldn't have worried---it was messy, but everything stuck just fine.
Carmelle finished her paper and was able to get it submitted, so after Michael went to spend the night with a friend, we girls decided to do a little bird-watching (for her ornithology class) on the way to visit the guys.

The truck was causing the guys lots of grief.  I don't know about you, but it looks like they are just napping under the car, but they swear they had actually been working for hours.

Okay, maybe Chad's face does tell the story better.---he was covered in grease from head to toe!
We left to go pick up dinner and we all ate pizza on the tailgate in the dark before calling it a night. (no pictures of that, because I just plain forgot to take any).  Needless to say, we all slept well that night---and it was only Friday!!!

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature