Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Birding

Last weekend, the Wildlife Refuge was aflutter with activity---literally.   While there weren't many people out, there were lots of birds!   We walked around the lake without seeing more than just a few ducks, but once we got close tot he Nature center, the birds were everywhere.  Especially cardinals!
Male and female.
In fact, I don't think I've ever seen so many cardinals in all the same place.  
The bluebirds were busy as well.  So busy that they were difficult to capture on film at first.
 But eventually, one settled on a branch and posed for me.
There were tons of sparrows
and purple finches.
We caught sight of a hummingbird
a tufted titmouse
and a quick peek of an oriole (although I was only able to get a picture of his backside).
This goldfinch was very curious about us
----that is, until he realized his girlfriend was nearby.
This small mockingbird was quite busy building her nest.
At one point, I got up to go to the restroom for a few minutes and left my camera in the rocking chair.  When I came back, Ron was trying his hand at capturing the cardinal perched nearby.  He did a great job!!

When we looked at them on the computer screen, we both agreed that he looked a lot like Ron himself! They at least have the same hairdo.  What do you think?
Cardinal:
Ron:


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature