Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow Day?

I think that today could best be described as "balmy". Despite the calendar saying that it is the middle of January, the weather outside was unseasonably warm--even for the South. After a full day at work and an evening full of meetings, Callie came over and helped me with a little project. Friday, I am co-hosting a hot cocoa bar as a thank-you to some of the daycare teachers we work with. As a fun extra, we made chocolate spoons inspired by these:


Equipped with melting chocolate, butterscotch chips and marshmallows, (the peppermints will be used later)
Callie dipped the spoons and I built the snowmen.
Fearing that they were a bit unrecognizable, I decided that we should use toothpicks dipped in food coloring (just as my mom let us do as a kid) to add faces.
They are so cute----well most of them are.
Of course, there are the others! Note: the tiniest dot of coloring spreads, so even it starts out cute, it may end up looking more like some sort of Halloween decoration. I can almost hear some of them yelling, "HELP, I'm meelllttiingg!"
The temperatures are dropping tonight, so hopefully the cold will stick around at least until Friday.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature