Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nook Color - Take Two

You may remember the pretty little cover I made for Valine's Nook Color? I had so much fun making it and was really pleased with how it turned out. One problem----it didn't fit!! It was a bit too short and slightly too narrow. I was so disappointed.

But, with a longer weekend, I decided to tackle a new one. This time, I chose completely different fabrics. I looked up the actual dimensions of a Nook Color online and found that the pattern I used (by ) was actually needed to have seam allowances added to it. I'm not sure if that was the intention or not, but this time I did add about 1" to the height and 1/2" to the width. I used embroidery thread to make running stitch embellishments around the corners, seams, etc.
From Mommy's Treasures

From Mommy's Treasures

Unfortunately, this is what happens when Emmi gets hold of the box of embroidery floss. :-(
From Mommy's Treasures

I also used a bit of the floral fabric on the front as a raw-edge applique and, inspired by these awesome quilts that Jana shared with me, I did some free-hand words.
From Mommy's Treasures

Once again, I made a rosette and added a vintage button from my grandmother's collection.
From Mommy's Treasures

Hoping it fits, Valine!!
From Mommy's Treasures




Be First to Post Comment !
Lille Skapet said...

Hi, Linda! It's Berritt from Birdiful Stitches. I'd love to help you figure out why the last cover didn't fit! It should have. I am not sure what happened, and I'd love to figure it out in case anyone else ends up with the same issue (so far all reports have said it's been a perfect fit!) Please convo me on etsy!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature