Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bird Dog

This weekend I bought a couple of stuffed birds that I found in a sale basket at Joann's. You've probably seen them---when you press their tummies they chirp with the actual bird call of that bird. I bought a blue jay and a bluebird and thought that my homebound student would especially enjoy them.
From Mommy's Treasures


When I got home and unpacked my bags, Emmi was standing close by watching. I showed her the blue jay and made it squawk. She was very interested in it and soon grabbed it and ran away. Twice I saved the little bird from being taken out of the doggie door, but she was determined. When I was busy in the kitchen, she snatched it once again and ran out the door. Soon after, I went outside to bring it back. It was raining a bit and I searched and searched the back yard, but was unable to find where she'd hidden the little bird.


This evening, Callie stopped by to visit and Emmi began putting up quite a fuss to go outside but she wouldn't go by herself. I thought it was because it was raining, so Callie got up to open the door for her only to find a drenched, stuffed bluebird by the back door. Emmi wouldn't go outside because she was scared of the very bird she'd placed there (I guess she couldn't get it back through the opening by herself)! We brought the bird in and Emmi picked it up and laid it at my feet. While filthy and wet, I guess it beats the offering that some dogs bring their owners.
From Mommy's Treasures

Emmi took some time to try to find the perfect hiding place for her treasure.
From Mommy's Treasures
She tried baskets, corners, under furniture and even her own bed
From Mommy's Treasures

but eventually she decided to take it back outside. Sorry, Ana'Niah--I think that's one bird you won't be playing with.

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature