Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I spent the weekend down in Baton Rouge with Valine, but awoke this morning to much colder temperatures and a forecast of "winter precipitation" back home. Since roads were already beginning to close, I decided that rather than lingering over breakfast, I should get on the road as soon as possible. The clouds overhead were heavy, but I didn't experience much precipitation.


As I approached Shreveport, the main highway was closed due to ice accumulation.

Shortly after arriving home, it began to sleet, and eventually, the sleet turned to snow.

We only got about 1/2 inch accumulation, but with more sleet expected, it was soon announced that schools would be closed tomorrow.



Hooray for a snow day!!

Emmi wasn't quite sure what to think about the stuff falling from the sky and definitely preferred to stay cozy in my lap.


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature