Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Learning to Love Cooking!

About 12-13 years ago, my stove quit working---completely. Money was tight, so rather than purchasing a new range, I decided to have the old one repaired. It wasn't a cheap fix, but certainly less expensive than buying a new one. Besides, the repairman indicated that if I was lucky, I might be able to get 8-10 years more out of this one. So, when I remodeled the kitchen the following year, I chose to keep the old stove, despite its almond color (and the newly painted white cabinets surrounding it).


The stove has worked okay, but I knew its days were numbered. After all, I was already several years past the life expectancy of the repair---I think that it was actually about 24 years old. After a few months of research and contemplating the purchase, I splurged and got a really nice range. Today, the plumber delivered and installed it. I'm really glad he took the time to tuck that shirt tail in before he began---:-).


If fit perfectly and I love it!!!

It was a late work day today and then I went to exercise, but tonight I've been thoroughly reading the owner's manual so that I'll be prepared to use it tomorrow to make a yummy batch of granola!! My favorite part is the fact that I have a small top oven that I can use when it's just me (which is most of the time) and a large bottom oven when the whole family is here! Cooking is going to be a lot more fun!!!

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

so im curious... just how many times have you used it??? maybe several for "week in the life"'s sake?? it's been amazing what i've accomplished this week for the sake of a photograph!! :)

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature