Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pottery Barn Lamp Knockoff

I've been coveting this lamp in the Pottery Barn catalog.
Pottery Barn

While the price is not terrible, it is way out of my price range right now, but I haven't been able to find anything else comparable at a lower price. I decided to hit the Goodwill Store nearby and see if I could find anything that could be transformed. I found this for $4:


While certainly not the same unique shape, it could be kind of interesting and it already had a hole drilled in the side of it. I took the top to a glass store and asked them to drill a hole in the lid. I thought this would be a rather simple task, but apparently it must be quite complicated because one day and $16 later----that's right, $16 (I thought I had misunderstood the lady--surely she meant $6?!?! Nope!)----I have this.

Despite the inflated cost of drilling a hole, the total cost was only $37.50----Much better than the $99 price tag at PB!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature