Monday, March 29, 2010

One Person's Trash . . .

Whoever said "One person's trash is another person's treasure" must have been to Round Top, TX for the Antique Festival. Mixed in with all the beautiful, fine antiques was also a healthy dose of what many would consider "junk". One of my favorite things to do is to sort through that stuff to see what kind if treasures might be hidden in the piles. This year was no different. I was able to find a few items to re-purpose into something that I hope will be pretty---or at least whimsical. I love cobalt glass and found a few small bottles with interesting shapes.

This little table was a steal at just $15 and t
he terrarium was purchased at a booth that was filled with pretty inspiration! (sorry for the dust--I haven't cleaned the glass yet) I'm not sure if I can keep real plants alive in it or not, but perhaps other treasures would look great in there instead.

The other ladies surprised me with a set of Turkey Dessert plates!!! They will look great with the dinner plates I've already collected----thank you so much, friends!

This is the newest collection I've decided to keep my eyes open for---dessert plates from the "Friendly Village" transferware. They feature different seasons, but I want to collect the Spring/Summer ones since I already have dishes to use for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I found 3 dessert plates this trip.

And my favorite find was this little pitcher with 3 juice glasses. Given my love of birds, it just seemed to have my name written all over it!

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature