Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flea Market Fun

I spent another great weekend at the Canton Trade Days with my buddy, Valine. We stayed in Athens, TX--this time with 7 friends of hers. (yep, that meant 9 of us in 2 hotel rooms) They all arrived a day or two before me and had already spent a lot of time at the flea market, but I waited until Friday evening to drive over, so I only had Saturday to shop.

Fortunately, the weather was absolutely perfect! Of course, that means that there were record crowds, also, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the variety of things offered our in the "open vendor" section.
Valine and Troy both purchased "garbage bowls" in authentic Texas Ware--just like Rachel Ray has made famous.
Of course, no visit to Canton would be complete without a delicious lunch at the Red Barn. Mmmm!The button collection featured in one booth caught my attention. Will J & C one day have mine out on a table at a flea market?? If so, they need to team up with M & M to display Valine's treasures. :-) And in the midst of them all, they can sell the scrapbooks in which we so carefully document all our adventures!!I managed to find a pair of turkey cups and saucer, and later their matching dinner plates to add to my collection!
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

so much fun!! all the treasures to find. btw... you're looking quite "skinny-mini"!! love you lots

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature