Monday, September 28, 2009

Flora and Fauna

Last night I returned from a quick trip over to Atlanta. No airline drama this time--just a really nice visit with both of my daughters and my brother and his family. Friday, while both of the girls were working, my SIL, Sally, and I went to the Botanical Garden. We had such a good time wandering through the paths and examining different plants, despite the stifling humidity. Of course, I took tons of photos--I couldn't with so many great subjects!
The flowers were beautiful . . . These orchids look like their markings had been painted on . . . . . . while this orchid was a cross between a giraffe and a fairy with wings! This was one of the most interesting plants. Both the pink and the purple blooms came out of a single plant. The water lilies were just breathtaking---they were in every hue and so peaceful. . . . and there were even a few critters.Look at these birds taking a bath---isn't the one on the right the cutest thing?!?!I was fascinated by all the patterns and textures in the garden.
There were so many wonderful things to see and take pictures of. I'll have to save the rest for another day. Stay tuned with a few photos of the family . . .
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature