Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Milestones

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."--Henry David Thoreau

Whew! What a busy, busy weekend! I added about 2,200 miles to my car this weekend, but it was all worth it to be able to see Callie have her recital and graduate from UNC. And, I even got to spend the weekend with Jana!! While the weather on Saturday was beautiful, we weren't so lucky on Sunday. Just about the time we were ready to hike to Kenan stadium for the ceremony, it began raining. We grabbed a few plastic tablecloths from the Wesley Center where we'd had breakfast and took off. Sitting on the bleachers, we were part of the shortest graduation ceremony in UNC's history!! We were all soaked and chilly, but Callie is now a graduate!

We drove most of the night to get home on Monday night, taking turns driving and sleeping in the car. Once home, I was sure glad that I hadn't planned to work on Tuesday! I was exhausted and the respiratory illness I'd been fighting all weekend was hitting me hard. I spent the day on the couch or in bed and am now feeling much better!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature