Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cooking School

You've probably heard me say it before (more than once, I imagine)----"It's not that I CAN'T cook, it's that I don't really like to cook.".  I love to bake, but cooking dinner on a regular basis for just me---not going to happen.   However, in the summer, all that changes.  I love to grill!   So last night ,with about an hour between appointments, I decided to grill a quick little pizza for supper.    All the ingredients were already in my refrigerator, so I loaded up a tray and headed outside.  After spraying the whole wheat tortilla, I placed it on the grill to brown, closed the cover and proceeded to water the herb garden.



Uh-oh.  You see, there lies my biggest mistake in cooking--I get busy doing something else.   It only took about 60 seconds before I smelled smoke and threw down the hose and yanked up the grill cover (I shouldn't have covered it anyway since that part only takes 2-3 minutes).



Yep, burned to a crisp.



After putting out the flames and letting it cool a minute, I put it where Emmi could reach it.   Frankly, even she was not sure she wanted it.



I started over--this time with much more success this time.



As you can see, Emmi's palate is not quite as discerning as my own.  She gobbled the whole thing up.    (and so did I)

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

You're going to have to reteach me to use the grill when you come!! 15 days!!!

Teresa said...

I do the same thing when I cook, I get easily distracted when normally I would say I'm a fairly focused person, but add in a stove, and my attention wanders.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature