Friday, December 30, 2011

Last First of 2011

With wonderful weather forecast for the day, Jana and I decided to get up early this morning and drive over to Canton for the last "First Monday" weekend of 2011. Jana had not been there since she was a little girl, so it was lots of fun to take her back to visit one of my favorite places. (even though I missed my usual shopping buddies)

Armed with jackets and new camera bags, we began the morning by browsing through some of the pavilions.
With Christmas sales in progress, it wasn't long until we'd filled a basket at one of my favorite shops, The Sunday House.
We spent the entire afternoon out in the open air portion of Canton. This is my favorite part and Jana was in complete agreement.
She enjoyed digging through the piles to find tiny treasures as much as I did.

Our favorite find of the day was a large, classroom chalkboard map! Knowing how much Jana loves maps and globes, I bought it for her, anxious to see how it looks in her future house! My favorite purchase was a tiny printing block inscribed with "The Fabric House". Perfect for my new sewing room! On the way home, Jana noted that "each little piece has a story of its own" and now some of them will become part of our stories, too.

Back at home, I pulled out my iPhone and quickly learned how to use "Face Time" to chat with Valine and share our bargains. What a fun day!
(Hey! Where did that extra chin come from? We could have left that in Canton!)
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

What an awesome day we had. I could dig through those piles for days and days.

By the way, I think that's two "firsts" in one day!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature