Thursday, November 10, 2011

Preparations

Day 10 - As you know, I'm not a huge fan of cooking. Contrary to what many people think, I CAN cook, but I would much rather be concocting some sort of masterpiece on my sewing machine than stirring and measuring. That's not to say I don't enjoy eating---because I do!--and I love pretty kitchen things, like great dishes. A couple of years ago, I decided to begin collecting turkey plates while antique shopping. There are very expensive, high-quality turkey patterns out there, but I prefer the lower-cost alternatives---ones that won't make me cry if I drop one. Thanks to my flea market buddies, I've found enough plates and salad plates that I can actually set a table for the holidays if we happen to stay here in Shreveport. Here's my collection, patiently waiting in my cupboard to see if we will dine here or in Atlanta.

post signature

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

it's almost turkey time!!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature