Sunday, November 13, 2011

Memory Collage

Yesterday, I helped my friend Danette with a project for her parents' 50th anniversary. Inspired by these wonderful pieces of art that she'd seen for sale at Canton by J L Art, (click on that link to see their full collection)

I offered to help her make a knock-off. Her next door neighbor (I think they call him Super Mike), built the wooden frame, which is about 2' x 4'. Then we painted. I used painter's tape to get a nice straight line for the "binding" and we used a light gray and a deep blue. I "distressed" them with black and beige paint and then we were ready to begin adding the pictures.

Danette's sister had snuck in her parent's house while they were out of town and made copies of a bunch of their favorite photos, so we had some great pictures to work with. I used my Cricut to cut out the words and accents from black vinyl.

After a couple of coats of Mod Podge, she will add the metal accents. The crosses, fleur de lis and horseshoes all have special meaning to their family, so it really is a personalized gift.

****Danette just sent me a picture of the finished product! I think it turned out great!

post signature

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature