Friday, September 26, 2008

Swap Fun!

A package awaited me when I got home from work yesterday, and I couldn't wait to open it. A couple of weeks ago, while browsing craft blogs, I ran across Swapdex, where a variety of swaps are listed. Considering my newest sewing passion, the Bend the Rules Lap Quilt Swap sounded like it would be perfect for me. I'd seen the Bend the Rules Sewing book, but had never purchased it, so I made a quick trip to Barnes and Noble to take a look at the project, then sent an email to sign up for the swap. Seeing the package in my carport made me anxious to take a peek at the fabrics I'd be sewing. I'll be sewing for Becca -- look at the great fabrics she sent to me!I love the Amy Butler line of fabrics and these colors are great.

After work today, I stopped by my local fabric store to purchase the fabrics that I want my quilt made of. I bought several of them a couple of weeks ago when I
visited Callie, but needed some fabrics to coordinate. I went to Ruston with the idea of picking out some really modern geometric prints, but returned home with much more neutral colors in textures I liked. Here's what I picked out to send to my swap partner, Heather: I can't wait to get my fabrics in the mail and to begin sewing on Becca's quilt. By the way, Becca, I love the projects pictured on your Flickr site!!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature