Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hellloooo Ike!

Well, here we go again. Hurricane Ike is blowing through Shreveport right now. Last night, the winds began picking up slightly and slowly increased throughout the night. While the sky began to look ominous, you'd never know it from these shots I took this morning. But, anticipating Ike's arrival later today, I made adjustments to my trip over to Ruston to visit Callie. I'd planned to spend the day and help her with some craft projects, but instead I decided I'd better cut my visit short and try to get back before the worst hit Shreveport. Callie and I were able to find a great little quilt store, Hannah's Quilts, in nearby Choudrant. (It was quite a task to find the store and we discovered it was even harder to find our way back to Ruston!--Jana and Rob, thanks again for the GPS!!)

Callie was very patient with me while I selected a few fabrics for future projects. I just can't go in a store like that and not come out with something pretty! We ate at a local Mexican restaurant and then I headed back home. And I made it back just in time! The last few miles were getting pretty messy and the winds really picked up a few hours later. I took a couple of photos of the trees blowing outside while the power was out indoors.The power is back on again now, but since it's flickering all the time, I'll keep my fingers crossed it stays that way.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature