Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Silhouette Project - Summer Glasses Makeover

I love cold weather and snow, but once the weather begins to get warmer and the flowers begin blooming, I am ready for Spring.  One of my favorite things about the warmer weather is eating out on the deck.  Spring is the perfect time for that, since it is usually warm enough to be outside without a jacket, and not yet hot enough to sweat.  There are so many cute melamine dishes on the market now and they are just right for eating outdoors.  This year, I decided to get some cute acrylic glasses as well.  I was unable to find what I had in mind, so I made my own.

A few weeks ago, at Big Lots, I found plain acrylic glasses with straight sides.  I purchased some permanent vinyl and pulled out my Silhouette machine made these using the 3x4 Summer Life card sets: (in case you didn't know--I didn't--glossy vinyl is permanent, while matte finish is removable)
Ever since we bought the RV, I've been gathering supplies to stock it.  Rather than buying everything new, I'm trying to use things that we already have as much as possible.  I've moved a set of gingham melamine dishes to the camper, along with a small set of flatware and place mats.  Since I now had new glasses to use here at the house, I could transfer my old ones to the trailer. But, first they needed a makeover. (the colors seem to be a bit distorted on here, but I used the same vinyl as the other glasses)
I took care of that.
There are still many odds and ends to take care of before we head out of town, but meals will be a lot more fun with cute glasses to drink from!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature