Thursday, April 9, 2015

13/52 - Muse

M4H Project 52 - Muse

Trying to identify my MUSE, was a lot harder than I expected.  In reality, there are lots of things that inspire me creatively, but with respect to photography, I have narrowed it down to two main categories.
The first is Nature --- I love the backlighting of this little bee perched on the Texas Mountain Laurel.
My other muse is the real reason that I have wanted to learn how to use my DSLR and continue to inspire me to keep practicing and learning.  I wanted to be able to take decent photos of my children and grandchildren.  I was so lucky to be able to take Karen Russell's course before I had any grandchildren (I've gained 5 grandchildren in the last 2 years!!)--they continue to provide inspiration and give me lots of occasions to practice my technique.   Last Saturday morning, I found Jana and Callie in the bed with their boys, letting the cousins meet each other for the very first time.  Is the picture technically perfect?  Absolutely not---not even close.  But, it sure is better than when I first started using my DSLR and I captured a moment that I want to savor forever.



Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

Love, love, love!!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature