Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine Party Prep

Tomorrow I'm hosting a Valentine Party for a very special group of people. Today, while the parade revelers grabbed for beads and dabloons, I worked on the getting my house ready for the festivities. Several of my friends are trying to watch their sugar intake, so I made a batch of sugar-free cupcakes first.

I haven't tasted the final product, the batter was sure yummy. I added sugar-free frosting, some sprinkles and cupcake picks from Dollar Tree.


Next I worked on a batch of confetti cupcakes---the confetti was on the inside. I topped these with this great new Easy Frost and it really was---easy and pretty!


I pinned these fruit kabobs a few weeks ago. When I went to the store this morning, it was sorely lacking in fruit choices, so I settled on using just strawberries and canteloupe.

Source: parents.com via Linda on Pinterest



Since I don't have a tiny heart cookie cutter, I ended up using a flower cutter on the cantaloupe. The strawberries took just a simple cut or two to make them heart-shaped.


Last up was a bouquet of white-chocolate dipped marshmallows (another Pinterest idea I found over here). These were quick and easy and turned out really pretty.


I still have a bit of cleaning to do and I guess I'd better take a look at my Sunday School lesson now.

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

I love the strawberry hearts... that's too cute!!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature