Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Party Fun

This afternoon, the members of the Good News Sunday School class of Noel UMC gathered at my house for the first time for a Valentine Party. My good friend (and our Sunday School Class's angel), Leah, helped me pick people up and assisted with whatever was needed.

Just before I left to pick up friends, I took set out all the food and snapped a few pictures of the food and decor.


Almost all of the party goods were picked up at Dollar Tree---they had a great selection of doilies, cups, plates, napkins, straws, cupcake liners and even decorative toothpicks.

To make this garland, I simply sewed many of these embellishments onto a piece of string with a zig-zag stitch.


Everyone was anxious to eat as soon as they arrived, so we enjoyed the really tasty cupcakes---the sugar-free ones were everyone's favorites!


After the food, we moved to the table for a game of Valentine Bingo. I printed out the great freebies offered by Confetti Sunshine and we used candy for the markers. While this is a game that is routinely played by many, I was reminded of how special even simple, common things are to my friends.


The favorite activity of the day was the photo booth that I set up in my hallway prior to everyone's arrival.

I used a couple of plastic tablecloths hung from a tension rod and decorated them with more garlands made of hearts. Using hats, boas and other fund props, everyone enjoyed plenty of laughs as they hammed it up for the camera.


Finally, we decorated travel mugs to take home as a souvenir.


It was lots of fun and I'm so thankful for the perspective offered by these special friends.

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

I think my favorite photo from all of these is the one with Bill and the sword. Made me giggle!! It looks like it was lots of fun!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature