Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mardi Gras Madness

Brrr - it's cold today!! As I set out to run a few errands this morning, the crowds were already beginning to gather.
Most of the streets were not yet blocked off, but people had begun staking out their sites in anticipation of the first Mardi Gras parade of the season. All around my neighborhood, grills and fire pits are burning - both in an effort to cook some yummy food and to stay warm - and young and old alike are ready to catch a few beads. (sorry for the strange coloring of these photos--they were taken through my car window as I was stopped in traffic at various spots)

As I returned home after lunch, the floats had begun lining up over the levee and even now , the parade is beginning its journey through the streets.
For the first time, the parade route is reversed this year---beginning by my house and ending downtown. I didn't walk up there this year, but I can hear the music and shouts of the revelers from my yard.

Laissez les bons temps roulez!!!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature