Saturday, April 16, 2011

Outdoors

What a busy week I've had--so much to do at work right now and meetings, etc. in the evenings. How nice to finally make it to the weekend!

This morning I headed to the church for our annual Easter Meal. This is a great event that generally feeds over 1,000 people in our community a great lunch of barbecue chicken and the fixin's.

From Mommy's Treasures
I worked outdoors in the kids' area, where we had all kinds of crafts and games set up--carnival style. The weather was beautiful and the hours passed quickly.
From Mommy's Treasures
From Mommy's Treasures
The great weather provided the perfect setting for some work outdoors back at the house. Ron came down to help me get things ready for the new sidewalk that will be poured in a week or so. Since the new sidewalk will cut through my existing front flowerbed, the large Sasanqua tree had to go. Sasanquas are really nice, but this one had really gotten out of hand in regard to shape and size.
From Mommy's Treasures
The tree had been there a while though, and after cutting through the roots, we finally resorted to attaching a chain to the trunk and pulling with Ron's truck!
From Mommy's Treasures
Before ever beginning, I was careful to check that the nest perched deep in the branches was now unoccupied. It was situated too high for me to ever look inside, but I know that a mockingbird was sitting on the nest at one point.
From Mommy's Treasures
Once the branch was cut, I found this tiny treasure inside . . .
From Mommy's Treasures
Since the shell was cracked and empty (and this looks like a robin's egg to me), it makes me wonder if that mockingbird was a nest-robber instead of a sweet mama. :-(

With the most pressing yard work behind me (I could spend tons more time out in the yard, but not today), I came inside to begin putting my laundry room back together. Hopefully, I can show you pictures of that soon.

post signature

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature