Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mardi Gras Madness

As I went to the store this morning, the crowds were already gathering along the duckpond surrounding my neighborhood.
A few minutes ago, I returned to find:
barricades set up. . .
Port A Potties in place . . .
Souvenirs for sale . . .
fire pits going and the smell of barbecue in the air . . .
and crowds of people beginning to fill the streets.
While it looks like a giant tailgate party, it's actually preparation for the first Mardi Gras parade of the season which is set to begin in about 2 hours. Centaur will roll through with lots of floats, street performers, throws and fun. I have several friends in the Krewe, so I may walk down when it gets closer to our area (4 or 5 hours from now) and see if I can spot them.



Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature