Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Came. . . I Saw. . . I Junked!

"One person's junk is another person's treasure!" --Unknown

What a beautiful weekend! The weather was incredible and I spent most of it outdoors. Not that I was doing anything athletic like hiking or camping. Instead, I spent most of the weekend at Canton, TX with one of my best friends. Valine drove up Thursday night with several friends from South Louisiana who'd never been to the Trade Days before. Seeing it all through their eyes was great fun and they just couldn't seem to get enough!

I don't know if it was the beautiful weather or the hint of Christmas
shopping in the air, but I've never seen such crowds of people before. In the pavilions, the shoppers were so thick that it was difficult to walk. So that meant that Valine and I soon left the covered areas to go "junkin' ". Now, that's our favorite part anyway, but we often spend time in the Trade Center or Arbors looking for gifts for our family and co-workers.

Out in the open air booths, you literally might see anything!








From tables of garage sale junk


to rows upon rows of antique furniture
waiting for new life.



There's the unusual---springy, jumping shoes
or a bucket full of old arrows.







And there's the usual:



antique china, quilts and flatware.

And then there's the "hidden treasure",
in this case, Valine'
s vintage TAB carton!




On Saturday, we met for an early lunch (a wise choice after waiting in long lines the day before). Meeting us there were our usual Canton & Round Top buddies, Valine's Aunt Pam, Sandy and Pam. As we parked our carts we even ran into Lisa and her mother, so we posed for a quick picture. My favorite purchases included cotton pajamas, scraps of chenille, yards of grosgrain ribbon and a squirrel figurine (which ended up being a shared joke---but, I DIDN'T buy any birds this time, though tempted several times!) Of course, I was also able to pick up a few "stocking stuffers" for my favorite daughters!! Maybe some pictures of my purchases later . . . As for now--how about a nap!!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature