Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Someday (part 2) . . .

"Be of service. Whether you make yourself available to a friend or co-worker, or you make time every month to do volunteer work, there is nothing that harvests more of a feeling of empowerment than being of service to someone in need.”
Gillian Anderson

Someday. . . . I will be able to spend my days working for no paycheck! Volunteer work!!

Now don't get me wrong----I love my job. I love teaching and feel like I truly am doing what God planned for me to do. I love the children I work with and their families. But, there are so many other things I want to do, too. And sometimes, my job gets in the way of me doing them!! I want to rock babies and help hurting families and give kids rides home from church activities and visit with families in need and build houses and go on mission trips and feed hungry people and . . . . .the list goes on and on.

Some days I'm content to go to work and come home knowing that I've done my job to the best of my ability and will receive a paycheck that allows me to pay my bills. But, other days, I come home from a meeting at church or off the phone with a friend and wish that I could be the one to start the program or hold the child or travel to an impoverished country and help where the need seems to be so great. I know in my head that every little bit helps and that each small thing that I am able to do makes a difference, but in my heart, I want to do more. I am frustrated when the wheels of change seem to move too slowly and I want to be the one that speeds things up.


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature