Friday, January 4, 2008

Family Fun

Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.
~Anthony Brandt

What a wonderful holiday I've had!! It began with Callie getting into town and then Jana and Rob arrived to spend a few days. My dad went down to pick up Dan and then Don and his family arrived on Sunday. I'm sure that some people don't really understand how we "do" family, but I love it!!! We are all so different, but when we get together, we have so much fun. The cousins enjoy each other so much and generally kind of "pick up" where they left off the last time they saw each other, despite the months that pass between visits. And the adults all have a few favorite things to talk about or do, too. It's like we just can't

This year, Don and Sally brought their two dogs with them---border terriers named Wally and Teddy. Since Emmi had just had surgery and was wearing a "lampshade" I brought her over to Daddy's house most days and let her stay in the laundry room. The house was a busy place with four dogs to take care of!!

After the candlelight service at church, we enjoyed a wonderful meal at their house on Christmas Eve and were joined by Mary Lou's son and his family. Mary Lou really outdid herself with delicious food and a beautifully decorated house!!! Then, on Christmas morning, we woke mid-morning and began to prepare food for brunch at our house. As things were getting ready, we stopped to share presents. It was fun to have a new family member with us and I hope that Rob enjoyed being with us, too. All the others joined us for brunch----and of course more presents to open!! After opening some great gifts, I realized that the wonderful things I'd received definitely didn't have a feminine feel to them-----a GPS system, a cordless drill and the new computer I'd purchased with a monetary gift from my dad!!! haha! I've had enough time to really use and enjoy all three now!! I've also loved listening to the new CD Callie got for me!!

Througout the week, we tried to squeeze in as much as we could and managed to shop for bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, after-Christmas sales, play Descent on Dad's computer (Sally and I are the champs, by the way) and watch a movie or two. Then finally on the last day, Camille and Callie threw together a gingerbread house!! It definitely was a lesson in the "process of art" rather than the finished project!!!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature