Saturday, February 4, 2017

Friday in Canton

After finally getting in to see my orthopedist this week, I learned I do indeed have a tear in my left calf, but I just have to take care of it and begin Physical Therapy next week.  There are no real restrictions except common sense--no Camp Gladiator or running for a while, although I can do upper body workouts, if I wish.  So, Valine and I made a last-minute decision to head to Canton on Friday.  I am walking pretty well and I knew that we could stop and rest or even get a scooter, if needed, so I wasn't worried.

The weather turned quite cool the day before, but we were prepared with socks and sweaters and jackets.
Although it was cold, the sun was shining and the crowds were quite small, which was so nice. We browsed and shopped and enjoyed the vignettes the vendors had prepared.
We weren't really looking for anything in particular, but we found some fun things that we will enjoy wearing and will enjoy using around our house.
Just before I took this photo, I took a little tumble.  Okay, it was kind of a large tumble--my cart got stuck, but I didn't, so as I stumbled into it, the cart folded up and I spilled over the top.  All the way down, I kept thinking "roll and stick your leg out".  And I did.  Right onto the concrete sidewalk.  I knew I was okay, despite the fact that I would be sore, so we were able to share a laugh, along with a couple of people that witnessed the show.
We had such a great time together and it really made me ready for the next time.  Round Top 2017, here we come!

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature