This idea came from Wendy over at The Shabby Nest, the idea being to list 10 honest things about yourself. Some people have fun with the meme and others take it pretty seriously, but you can see what a few others have said here, here, and here. Seems that I'm pretty much an open book, but here goes anyway (in no particular order and not very deep thoughts):
1. I like to fold laundry, but HATE to put it away.
2. I've always wanted to run a 5K, but never dreamed it I'd LIKE it until I met Ron.
3. I don't really like to cook, but I love to chop up vegetables.
4. Along those same lines, I really love to bake, but definitely don't need to eat what I bake.
5. I love kids and teaching, but hate to teach Vacation Bible School.
6. I love flowers and plants, but am terrible at taking care of them. They have to be pretty hardy to make it at my house.
7. I'm TERRIFIED of roaches. (there's no "but" to that).
8. I am super-involved at church, have taught Sunday School for years, but am basically Bible illiterate (still have to use the index to find the order of the books).
9. I like to read, but rarely do . . . and when I do, I forget what I read almost immediately. I've bought a new book on more than one occasion only to realize halfway through that something seems familiar and I've read it before. I do the same thing with movies.
10. I am pretty sure that I have ADD because I start WAY more projects that I could ever possibly finish. (and perhaps that could account for #9 and #8 and #6) Hmmmmm. . . . .