Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Olympus Has Fallen

Yesterday, after work and a hand doctor checkup, Ron picked me up for a bike ride and run---his, of course!  ;-)   He was riding along Teague Parkway, so I brought my camera along to take pictures.







While he rode, I walked up the path a ways in order to get a better look at the "goings on" near Century Tel Center.  The movie business is still booming here.  The most current film in the works is "Olympus Has Fallen", featuring Gerard Butler and Dylan McDermott, and others.   For one of the sets, they have constructed a large replica of the White House along the parkway, just behind the Century Tel Center












We've heard that they are supposed to blow the thing up in the next day or so.  Wish I could see that, too, but the parkway is closed now until after the weekend.  With Barksdale right next door, there  were times when it certainly appeared that the White House was under attack from our own B-52's. 



Several of my friends have run into Dylan McDermott around town and had pictures made with him---they've all commented on how nice he was.   I look forward to seeing the movie in the theater in the future.

Later in the evening, some of the people in the running group were talking about this: http://www.ksla.com/story/19103935/shots-fired-at-clyde-fant-joggers-spd-looking-for-truck    
I'm glad we were not there, but it is so crazy!!!  Who does that?!?!    
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature