Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks

It's been a great week full of food, fun and family! One of my favorite things about a holiday is the laziness and lack of schedule. The first couple of days were filled with appointments, etc., but I managed to find time to cook these pecan bars (I even shelled the pecans!) while I waited for Jana and Rob to arrive late Tuesday night.


Emmi kept an eye on my cooking from the living room.

I went down to pick up Dan from his group home on Wednesday morning. Once we were all together, we could let the good times roll!


I prepared these paper decorations to be used on our table this year (I mean, it would hardly be a family get-together without some sort of craft project---don't worry there are a couple more I'll report on another day). Inspired by Elle's Studio, I used some paper scraps to put together these turkey place card holders.

I also created these "thankful cards". On Thanksgiving Day I asked each person to jot down a couple of lines for me which I plan to include in a Thanksgiving mini-book.


Everything looked really nice with my vintage turkey plates-- I was so excited to finally get a chance to use them!



Since there were just six of us together this year, I had enough for both dinner and dessert. They've been fun to collect and I plan to continue looking for additional pieces to add to my collection--after all, half the fun is in the hunt, isn't it?


Of course, we ate way too much, but it was all very tasty.



With the smells of turkey and dressing filling the room, it was almost too much for Emmi. Don't worry, though---she ended up getting some table scraps (a rare treat for her).

After dessert, Jana and Rob soon disappeared to their room for an afternoon nap. Within minutes the house became really quiet and this is what I found:



Seems I was the only one awake!




I'm so thankful for my family---for Jana and Rob, for Callie and Jordan, for Dan and Emmi and for David and Don and their families---and the chance to spend this time together! We are so blessed!!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature